December 22, 2009

living for today.

blissfull......

how do i describe it?
i've never been happier, or more content for that matter,
in my life...

the future...
for once, it can wait.. and it wouldn't bother me.
because here. now. this is where i am.
this is where i want to be.

yesterday is gone, tomorrow is coming,
but, today is here.
and i am soaking up every second of it..

lately i've been learning, you never know what you have until it's gone,
and you only have today to tell those who mean the most to you how much you love them.
if you let the opportunity slip by.....

it's gone.
and you can never get back that wasted time.

but not just with people.
with God, our Savior, as well.

i am so bad about putting God on the bottom of the list, on the backburner.
i think it happens to all of us. we get too caught up in life to just....
be. and breathe, with God.
and so, this is my prayer for today.

"Lord, i give you my heart.
i give you my soul.
i live for you alone.
every breath that i take,
every moment i'm awake,
Lord, have your way in me."

"this world has nothing for me,
and this world has everything.
all i could want, but nothing i need."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers