September 7, 2009

the music inside of me.

i wrote this poem/song without words a little while back but hadn't finished it. i finally found it again and somehow finished it within about 30 seconds.. go figure. a lot of it is still true, although there are a couple pieces that are a little different, but i figured i'd leave it as is. here it goes.


There is music inside of me,
Sweet, sweet music…
The music fills my soul,
Fills it to the top.

I’m so full, but I can’t let it out.
The pain and sorrow covers it over.
Dear God, rescue my soul
And release this sweet music.

This music is not my own,
It comes from my God.
He holds me tight so I know
That I am not alone.

God, I keep running, running hard.
I want this music to overflow…
How can I express in words
What only my music can say?

There is music in my soul.
It is sweet, bright,
It is sorrowful, painful.
But how could you know?

God, will I be forever stuck
Singing someone else’s song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers